Thursday, May 24, 2012

Good morning everyone! Today I would like to talk about something that has deeply disturbed me. In the state of Oregen there are laws on the book that allows patient to die with doctor assistence. This represents a national organization who's members support the notion of "death with dignity." What I would like you to know, is that there is no dignity in death! I worked at a nursing home for 6 months and during that time I saw many residents die. The process was certainly not dignified. When the residents died, many of them both urinated on themselves or defacated on themselves and many others simply threw up. There was absolutely zero dignity in their passing. So when you hear someone talk about death with dignity, just walk away because they have no idea what they are talking about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment