Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Conversations with John

Re: Dr Anna Pou Case‏


To see messages related to this one, group messages by conversation.

10/12/06 jpope@timespicayune.comjpope@timespicayune.com



Send email

Find email

View detailsTo jpope@timespicayune.com

From: jpope@timespicayune.com (jpope@timespicayune.com)

Saved: Thu 10/12/06 7:52 AM

To: jpope@timespicayune.com



Saved draft. Continue composing this message
Delete

Dear John; Thank you so much for the information regarding the multi part article by Jeffrey Meitrodt. I had the opportunity to read the information provided and felt that the information helped to clarify all of the other articles available. Having said that, it was certainly a difficult read for it brought back so many painful memories regarding my own condition. You see John, if the accusations against Dr. Pou are substantiated, the day she arrived on the seventh floor of Memorial Hospital and the very moment she walked into those rooms I was myself in a hospital bed with tubes sticking out of my arms as well as other parts with a morphine drip and other equipment I cannot even remember. Had I been on the seventh floor of Memorial Hospital with those same tubes attached, would I be writing this email today? Perhaps it's an unfair question but it is nevertheless the question I have asked myself. And yet I also know that Dr. Pou is a very kind and compassionate person who sincerely beleived in her heart and in her mind that what she was doing was in the best interest of those individuals.As she said to me, remember to keep an open mind.And yet I can still hear the cautionary words of one of my teachers from graduate school who always said whenever talk turned to the Vietnam War, just remember this: the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. And as I have told Dr. Pou repeatedly, I am so very sorry she is undergoing this ordeal and wish her only the best. Again thank you so much for the information regarding the articles and again I sincerely hope everythings turns out for the good. Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment