Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Continued Conversations with Anna

Pou, Anna MTo miranda lucianna


From: Pou, Anna M (apou@lsuhsc.edu)

Sent: Mon 7/31/06 9:49 PM

To: miranda lucianna (mirandaluc@hotmail.com)





Miranda,

Thank you again for your kindness.

anna





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: miranda lucianna [mailto:mirandaluc@hotmail.com]

Sent: Sun 7/30/2006 6:00 PM

To: Pou, Anna M

Subject: RE: A Friend from Far Away





Dear Dr. Anna Pou: Thank you so very much for taking a moment to respond to

my email. I was so happy to hear from you and even though we have not met,

you are absolutely in my daily prayers and in my thoughts and I hope this

day finds you surrounded by sunshine and kind friends. And please remember,

that there is at least one friend, no matter how far away, whose heart goes

out to you. I wish you only the very best. It is my sincere hope that

perhaps we can be friends, that perhaps an act of kindness and compassion

can offset the pain and suffering that this terrible storm has caused. In

terms of what happened in New Orleans before, during and after the storm,

between you and I, it really does not matter except to say I am so sorry

that the storm hurt so many people. Can I tell you something: the other day

as I prepared to go to work, I was thinking about the daily oportunities we

have to be a blessing to those whom we meet, to show a demonstration of

compassion and kindness to those around us and in the so doing hope that our

actions while not able to erase the pain and suffering that exist in the

world, perhaps to at least offset it. You see in my field, I also help

people on a daily basis and I sincerely hope that my actions, my words of

kindness and compassion, may help to make their days a little brighter so

that when I go home at night I may know in my heart that while I have not

"saved the world" perhaps I have made it at least a little happier and a

little brighter and the people glad to have known me. As I write this I

glanced out the window and you want to know something: it is a wonderful

sunny day,the trees are swaying in a slight breeze and the tall mountains

are showing their wonderful greens and browns and even blues. (Perhaps that

is why they are called the Blue Mountains.) I hope that your day is filled

with wonderful and delightful vista's too and that you and I can be friends

and visit. And remember this: there is no judgement nor condemnation because

I am your friend as I hope you too can be.



Very Sincerely and Respectfully,

Your Friend,

Miranda







No comments:

Post a Comment