Monday, March 15, 2010

My Sad Story

My Dear Friend:
Where does one start a story which has such an unhappy ending? Perhaps I should start with a simple warning. The story which I am about to tell is not a happy story. Nor does it have a happy ending and those who participated have lost much in its telling. And yet, perhaps in the telling of the story, perhaps in the brief moment of its reading and the contemplation of its meaning, those who perished on the seventh floor of Memorial Hospital in New Orleans, will not have died in vain and their families may someday know what really happened on September 1st, 2005. And as for me, I still remember the sleepless nights, the nightmares, the please don't worries everything will be ok and the world turned upside down by the asking of a simple question: how could something like this have happened in America in the twenty-first century?

No comments:

Post a Comment